DECLARATION OF SECURITY
• Contracting Governments shall determine when a Declaration of Security is required by assessing the risk the ship/port interface or ship to ship activity poses to persons, property or the environment.
• A ship can request completion of a Declaration of Security when:
1. The ship is operating at a higher security level than the port facility or another shipit is interfacing with;
2. There is an agreement on a Declaration of Security between Contracting Governments covering certain international voyages or specific ships on those voyages;
3. There has been a security threat or a security incident involving the ship or involving the port facility, as applicable;
4. The ship is at a port which is not required to have and implement an approved port facility security plan; or
5. The ship is conducting ship to ship activities with another ship not required to have and implement an approved ship security plan.