Continuous Synopsis Record
• SOLAS Chapter XI‐2 Regulation 5
• A ship to carry CSR which is intended to provide an onboard record of history of the ship issued by flag state.
• Form 1: All CSR documents issued by ships administration.
• Form 2: All amendment forms, Company or Master to complete.
• Form 3: All indices of amendment.
• Note: CSR Must be issue asap but not later than 3 months from the date of change.
• The Ship Security Alert System (SSAS):‐ This system should be provided in two location
• In navigating bridge. Other agreed by CSO.
Shall contain, at least, the following information:
• The name of the State whose flag the ship is entitled to fly;
• The date on which the ship was registered with that State;
• The ship’s identification number in accordance with regulation (IMO Number)
• The name of the ship;
• The port at which the ship is registered;
• The name of the registered owner(s) and their registered address(es);
• The name of the registered bareboat charterer(s) and their registered address(es), if applicable;
• The name of the Company, as defined in regulation IX/1, its registered address and the address(es) from where it carries out the safety‐management activities;
• The name of all classification society(ies) with which the ship is classed;
• The name of the Administration or of the Contracting Government or of the recognized organization which has issued the Document of Compliance.
• The name of the Administration or of the Contracting Government or of the recognized organization that has issued the Safety Management Certificate
• The name of the Administration or of the Contracting Government or of the recognized security organization that has issued the International Ship Security Certificate and
• The date on which the ship ceased to be registered with that State.
Any changes relating to the entries shall be recorded in the Continuous Synopsis Record so as to provide updated and current information together with the history of the changes.
The Continuous Synopsis Record shall be kept on board the ship and shall be available for inspection at all times.